Pages

Monday 6 February 2012

My Experience of Teaching Buah Hati Students

So about last week, me and my best friend were invited to Buah Hati to sing and play Chinese traditional music instrument. It's a very new experience for me. At first it's a little awkward, but after the second class we started to get the hang of it. What's making it a bit awkward for me its that, the students ask questions like, "What is the name of this instrument?" or "May I try it?" The students are very clever and sometimes they caught me off-handed. I turn around to my friend for help but she just shrug, so I decided to play along. I told them it is Gu Zheng, and if they behave when we perform, they can line up and try it one by one. It was really fun and we also make friends with the lady who teaches the Buah Hati students about Shu Fa, or Chinese calligraphy. We share stories and she told us about legends and myths of China. It is, indeed, new, interesting, and highly intriguing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Catherine Jennifer's. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates